Abel Alemayehu is a Medical Doctor with a strong educational background and a desire to serve underserved populations. They graduated from the American University of Antigua College of Medicine and completed their conical core rotations at Florida International University (FIU) in Miami, Florida, and their elective rotations at the University of Maryland Midtown Campus. Abel also holds a Bachelor's degree in molecular biology from George Mason University.
Currently, Abel is a resident physician at West Suburban Medical Center in Illinois and is practicing at one of the continuity clinics associated with the medical center called PCC Lake. Their responsibilities include providing comprehensive medical care, diagnosing and treating diseases and health problems, and offering prenatal care to both uncomplicated and complicated OB patients. Abel has a broad interest in various fields, including addiction medicine, interventional pain management, aesthetic medicine, and sports medicine. However, their main focus is on giving back to underserved populations, which is why they chose to work at West Suburban Medical Center.
In the future, Abel plans to own a private practice where they can continue serving diverse, underserved communities. They are passionate about disadvantaged populations and are driven to make a difference in their healthcare outcomes. Abel's experience as a Medical Doctor and their commitment to serving the underserved make them a valuable asset to any healthcare setting.
More about this expert
- Full name
- Abel Alemayehu
- Oak Park, Illinois, United States
- Medical Doctor (Resident Physician)
- West Suburban Medical Center (since 2022)
- Hospitals and Health Care
- LinkedIn profile
- LinkedIn Connections
- I am a Medical Doctor who graduated from American University of Antigua. Also, did my conical core rotations at Florida international University (FIU) located in Miami Fl and my elective rotations at University of Maryland Midtown Campus. I also hold a bachelors in molecular biology from George Mason University. Currently practicing as a resident physician at West Suburban Medical Center located in Illinois and, following my own patients at one of the continuity clinic associated with West Suburban Medical Center called PCC lake. We provide extensive service from providing quality care to patients according to clinical medical protocols and funding source guidelines, Initiating an appropriate assessment of patient's health status, ranging from focused to comprehensive, depending upon the setting, Providing and managing comprehensive medical care, including diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of diseases, common health problems, such as infections, influenza and pneumonia, as well as serious, chronic, and complex illnesses for patients of all ages, providing prenatal care for uncomplicated and complicated OB patients including following patient all the way to labor and delivery. I am planing to do a fellowship but currently have broad interest like in addiction medicine, interventional pain management , aesthetic medicine and sports medicine. However, my plan and main interest is giving service to underserved population and that was one of the reason I chose to go to West Suburban Medical Center where i can serve diverse underserved population while getting exposed to broad spectrum of cases. In the future, i want to own private practice where i can serve a diverse underserved community that are disadvantaged in many aspects.
- Research Microsoft Office
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine - MD
Attended in Jun 2017 - Apr 2022
Field of study: Medicine
- University of Maryland School of Medicine
Attended in Oct 2021
- Mar 2022
West Suburban Medical Center
Illinois, United States
Medical Doctor (Resident Physician)
Jul 2022 - Present
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Washington D.C. Metro Area
May 2014 - Oct 2014
Shadowed and studied under director of cardiology department Dr. Gaby Weismann, on cardiac patients who were not able to undergo surgery mainly because of aging. I participated in collecting and analyzing data to see how successful Trans aortic valve replacement is in replacing surgery.
. conduct reviews
. collect and analyze data
. attend project meetings
. prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
. summarize project results