Dr. Anish Y. Desai is a distinguished internal medicine physician and hospitalist based in Bay Shore, New York. As a board-certified professional, Dr. Desai brings a wealth of expertise in improving the quality of patient care, reducing hospital-acquired infections, enhancing clinic workflows, and promoting digital health. He currently serves as the Medical Director at Northwell Health and is an active member of various professional societies including the Society of Hospital Medicine and the American College of Physicians. In addition to his role at Northwell, Dr. Desai holds directorial responsibilities at Hydrahealth, where he oversees an IV hydration clinic, and he offers his medical consultancy services to MDisrupt and Inlightened.
Dr. Desai stands out for his innovative approach and enthusiasm in driving the creation of novel technology and software solutions. He employs this same passion in fostering physician entrepreneurship through his podcast "The Underdog Physician." He has proven skills in medical education, healthcare management, remote patient monitoring, and data analysis. One of his key contributions is in optimizing a company's digital strategy through effective client acquisition, lead generation, and business development tactics. He also uses his clinical experience to develop valuable products, improve user interfaces, and leverage artificial intelligence for tracking clinical trends and promoting better patient care. Dr. Desai received his training from Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine and later at Northwell Health.
More about this expert
- Full name
- Anish Desai
- Bay Shore, New York, United States
- Medical Director
- Northwell Health (since 2021)
- Hospitals and Health Care
- LinkedIn profile
- LinkedIn Connections
- Anish Y. Desai, MD, is a board-certified internal medicine physician and hospitalist. Uniquely attuned to inpatient care settings, Dr. Desais expertise spans quality improvement, reducing hospital-acquired infections, clinic workflow, and efficiency, digital health, remote patient monitoring, devices, formulating supplements, and telehealth. He is most passionate about innovation and utilizing his clinical knowledge to drive the creation of novel technology and software solutions. Dr. Desai is a member of several professional societies, including the Society of Hospital Medicine and the American College of Physicians. Widely recognized for his expertise, he also hosts "The Underdog Physician", a podcast focused on mentoring medical professionals, fostering physician entrepreneurship, and recognizing unique ways to serve society. Ways I can help a pre-seed startup: 1. Help optimize digital strategy including client acquisition, lead generation, and business development. 2. Provide advice as an actively practicing physician on product development including improving the user interface. 3. Find meaningful clinical trends from patient data and using AI to develop algorithms that would allow clinicians to act quicker and lead to better patient care.
- Leadership Aesthetics
- Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine
Attended in Aug 2014
- May 2018
- Northwell Health
Attended in Jun 2018
- May 2022
Jul 2023 - Present
Serving as medical director for IV hydration clinic.
Jan 2023 - Present
Skills: Medical Education · Quality Improvement · Healthcare Management · Medical Devices · Remote Patient Monitoring
Jan 2023 - Present
Skills: Medical Education · Quality Improvement · Healthcare Management · Data Analysis · Medical Devices · Remote Patient Monitoring
The Underdog Physician Podcast Host
Jan 2022 - Present
A podcast focused on sharing the journey of physician entrepreneurs.
- Northwell Health
Internal Medicine Hospitalist
Jul 2021 - Present
Skills: Internal Medicine · Healthcare Industry