Dr. Natasha Kathuria is a seasoned emergency physician and global health specialist based in Austin, Texas. She is currently the Executive Medical Director for 16 ERs in the Austin and Houston areas and conducts clinical work at two different Austin hospitals. Alongside her primary role, she serves on the Board of Directors for Global Outreach Doctors, an NGO that responds to international medical crises, including COVID-19 surge staffing. Dr. Kathuria does not limit herself to medicine but also lends her expertise to journalism as a freelance medical journalist and media expert. Her contributions have appeared in major news networks such as ABC, CBS, BBC, Fox, as well as in print media like Business Insider, TIME Magazine, the Globe Post, and Vox Media.
Before relocating to Austin in 2022, Dr. Kathuria resided in New York City, where she served as a Global Health Fellow at Mount Sinai Medical Center and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. Here she focused on international medical system development and medical capacity building, working in 11 different countries to assist in direct clinical work and system advancement through Ministries of Health. Towards the end of her tenure in New York, she served as faculty for the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at Weill Cornell College of Medicine. She is a competent professional with skills in Emergency Medicine and Broadcast Journalism and holds a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree with a specialization in Epidemiology from Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health.
More about this expert
- Full name
- Natasha Demehri Kathuria
- Austin, Texas, United States
- Executive Medical Director
- Austin Emergency Center (since 2022)
- Medical Practices
- LinkedIn profile
- LinkedIn Connections
- Natasha Kathuria is currently an ER Physician and Global Health Specialist. Dr. Kathuria is the Executive Medical Director for 16 ERs in Houston and Austin, and works clinically at two different hospitals in the Austin region. She also currently works on the Board of Directors for Global Outreach Doctors, an NGO which responds to international medical crises, including COVID-19 surge staffing. Dr. Kathuria also works as a freelance medical journalist and media expert. She started her journalism career at ABC News in NYC under Dr. Richard Besser. Since her move from NYC, she has worked with ABC News, CBS News, BBC News, FOX News, Business Insider, TIME Magazine, the Globe Post, and Vox Media to help covers the COVID-19 pandemic. Prior to moving to Austin, Natasha lived in New York City where she worked as a Global Health Fellow at Mount Sinai Medical Center and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health, focusing on international medical system development and medical capacity building. She has worked in 11 different countries, ranging from direct clinical work to system development through Ministries of Health. During her final years in NYC she was hired to work as faculty for the Emergency Medicine Residency Program at Weill Cornell College of Medicine, where she worked until her transition to Austin, TX.
- Emergency Medicine Broadcast Journalism
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Attended in 2015 - 2017
Field of study: Global Health and International Emergency Medicine
- Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
Master of Public Health (MPH)
Attended in 2015 - 2016
Field of study: Epidemiology
Austin Emergency Center
Austin, Texas, United States
Executive Medical Director
Jan 2022 - Present
Executive Medical Director / Chief of Staff for 16 ERs across Austin and Houston, Texas.
Austin Emergency Center
Director of Observation Medicine
Jan 2018 - Present
Bringing Observation Medicine toe the forefront of Emergency Medicine through freestanding ERs
- Freelance, self-employed
Medical Journalist and Media Expert
Jun 2014 - Present
I work as a broadcast freelance medical journalist. I have been covering the COVID-19 pandemic and other important health news for ABC News, FOX News, BBC News, and CBS News. I have also been published in a cover story for TIME Magazine, as well as in Vox News, the Globe Post, and Business Insider.
- Global Outreach Doctors
Director Board Of Directors
May 2020 - Present
Board of Directors for Global Outreach Doctors (GoDocs) - an NGO that works internationally to provide integrative medical care to developing countries affected by famine and chronic health issues, as well as those affected by natural disasters and infectious disease outbreaks. Locally, our NGO is working to provide volunteer medical surge staffing to hospitals affected by COVID-19.
San Marcos, Texas, United States
Emergency Medicine Physician
Oct 2019 - Present
Weill Cornell Medicine
Greater New York City Area
Attending Emergency Medicine Physician
Jul 2017 - Feb 2018
ER Physician and clinical faculty for Cornell's Emergency Medicine residency program.